Mary Pope Osborne’s
Gift of Books
Title 1 School Educators: submit a brief proposal to become eligible for a gift of Magic Tree House books and Fact Trackers for your classroom.
SUBMIT YOUR GIFT OF BOOKS PROPOSAL FORM HERE!
Mary Pope Osborne's Gift of Books program gets books directly into the hands of children in a way that sparks their interest in reading and learning while simultaneously accomplishing classroom requirements in creative, meaningful and long lasting ways.
Mary Pope Osborne, beloved author of the Magic Tree House Books, believes that a book giveaway is simply not enough. So she has developed a comprehensive program that accomplishes so much more!
To make the best use of Magic Tree House in your classroom, we recommend that you download the Curriculum Key, Reading Levels Chart and the Lesson Plans that work for you. Educators from Title 1 eligible schools: on your Gift of Books Proposal Form, let us know how you would like to use Magic Tree House books and Fact Trackers in your classroom and we will do our very best to provide the books you need through the Gift of Books program.
The mission of Mary Pope Osborne's Gift of Books is to inspire children to develop
a lifelong passion for reading and to use Jack and Annie’s adventures in the Magic Tree House
to explore the wonder of worlds outside their own.
Submit your proposal and become a part of this fantastic opportunity for your teaching experience, your school and, most important, for your students.
Thousands of teachers across the country who have used Magic Tree House books in their classrooms know first hand how the books foster a lifelong love of reading and learning.
In order to qualify for a Gift of Books, your school must meet a few simple requirements:
- Applicant should be a Title 1 school or writing on behalf of a Title 1 school. If not a Title 1 school, applicant must give an explanation of the school's need for the books, citing number of free and reduced lunches or other qualification for low income status.
- After-school programs may also submit proposals with a brief description of their program and statement of low-income status.
- Schools will be eligible to receive books once every two years. Schools may request books for multiple classrooms within the school ; please briefly describe in your proposal how your Magic Tree House books and Fact Trackers will be used in the classrooms. Also, more than one teacher per Title 1 school may apply for a grant.
- Magic Tree House books and Fact Trackers are effective teaching tools for Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th grade levels as well as Special Education classrooms. Limit is 4 titles and 4 accompanyingFact Trackers per grade level. Keep in mind, books may be shared among the classrooms within your school.
- Proposals will be evaluated by our committee of educators, and grants will be awarded to the schools with the most creative and meaningful initiatives. We'd love to learn how Magic Tree House books and Fact Trackers will be used across the curriculum in your classroom(s).
- Winning schools will be notified by a Gift of Books representative with their grant amount and instructions on how to register and obtain their Magic Tree House books through First Book, a non-profit organization providing access to new books for children in need.
- Currently, the Gift of Books Program will award grants to Title 1 eligible school teachers only.
- Please allow 2-4 weeks for a reply; we receive a high volume of proposals.
“Every child is capable of using imagination. Every child has a hunger to know things. But not all children have access to the books that can stimulate their imagination
and satisfy their thirst for knowledge.”